Elder Zachary Roque

Elder Zachary Roque
Morristown New Jersey Mission

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Amazing experiences

This past month has been really good. We have had some amazing experiences.  Alexandria Garner recently was baptized, following in her mother and Savior's footsteps.  She told us it was the happiest day of her life.  It is wonderful to see what happiness following Christ can bring into someone's life.

Recently, on our way home, Elder Stettler and I were stopped by a young man in his 20's.  He was speaking to me in Spanish and I really didn't know what he was trying to say to me.  So, I said a prayer with him in English, asking for guidance and help so that I could communicate.  After the prayer, the young man began speaking in Spanish again, and I'll still didn't know what he was saying.  When he finished I began to respond to him.  As I did, I realized that I was speaking Spanish!  I had no idea what I was saying, but it seemed to touch him and brought tears to his eyes.  I finished speaking and he started speaking to me again in Spanish.  Once again, I had no idea what he was saying.  But, at the end I understood one sentence.  "Because of you brother I want to be a better person and stop drinking."  AMAZING!  I couldn't tell you what was spoken, but I know through the Spirit I was able to communicate with him and hopefully help.  I saw a miracle at work through me.  The Lord uses us all to answer prayers of others.  (I guess the 2 years of Spanish I took was worth it...)  I feel so close to the Lord and I have learned so much and continue to learn every day.


This week was AMAZING! we had a chance to have Elder Kevin W. Pearson of the seventy speak to us at zone conference. The spirit was felt so strongly. We talked about having a change of heart and truly becoming diciples of Christ. It is amazing how smoothly the work goes when your emersed in the Spirit. Elder Stettler and I have been truly focusing on being dedicated to the work. No talk about anything other than the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has been a blessing to be obedient; although it is difficult, the price is worth the reward. We have truly been tools in the Lord's hands. Its amazing to see that the things we promise investigators and members are happening. We find power in stating that we ARE disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ and the message we share changes lives.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!! Don't you love it???
    What an awesome missionary!!!

    ReplyDelete